Beach Elementary School is:
* An authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School delivering the Primary Years Program (PYP).
* Part of a worldwide community of international and local schools offering a rigorous educational program designed to meet the needs of the whole child.
* Situated on approximately four acres of green space with a fenced vegetable garden and fruit trees.
* Beach Elementary School, part of the Ferndale School District, is located on Lummi Island.
* Lummi Island is a seven-minute ferry ride from Gooseberry Point.
* Parents/Guardians are responsible for getting their students to the Gooseberry Ferry Dock.
* School age children are allowed to ride the ferry for no charge. The ferry system also allows one parent chaperone to accompany all of the children on each trip.
* A school bus picks up students from the ferry and drives them the short distance to school.
* At the end of the day, the transportation process is reversed.
* Any student in Whatcom County may request a transfer to Beach Elementary School.